D20526: fix extracting of some properties to match what was writen

Alexander Stippich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 14 15:25:26 BST 2019

astippich requested changes to this revision.
astippich added a comment.

  In D20526#449780 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20526#449780>, @bruns wrote:

  > In D20526#449560 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20526#449560>, @astippich wrote:
  >
  > > IMHO for searching, the separation from a single string into multiple entries is the best thing to do, from a metadata editing point of view not so much.
  > >  How about inserting the TStringList entry by entry, without using the contactsFromString method? That would maintain the exact representation of metadata tags also for the baloo database.
  >

  > When searching is left to baloo, it already splits up strings at whitespace etc., so you can provide the string as is.

  Great, that we don't have to worry about that.

  > As far as I can see, in some cases (e.g. "ARTIST"), the `Taglib::StringList PropertyMap::operator[]` is first joined (`.toString(';')`) and then split again. How about avoiding that in the first place?

  That's what I meant. That was the easy way before because of the contactsFromString function, but if KFM individually adds each entry of the TStringList returned from TagLib's PropertyMap, all will be fine.
  Please also adjust "Conductor", "Arranger", "Performer and "Author" for consistency

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData