D20209: Add support for KBookmarkOwner to communicate if it has tabs open

David Hallas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 14 09:30:38 BST 2019

hallas added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in kbookmarkowner.h:120
> One day we'll probably wonder how many tabs are actually open, to avoid saying "Bookmark Tabs As Folder" if there's only one tab. So I'd prefer for that and make this an int rather than a bool.
>
> Bigger problem: this is a public class. You CANNOT add a new virtual method, that is binary incompatible.
> You have to do this with a setter and a getter (and putting the member variable behind the d pointer).

Good point (both of them)

What are our binary compatibility promises? Is //every// version of frameworks always binary backwards compatible? Or do we have a window every now and then where we can make source compatible changes but not binary compatible? I don't mind changing this to be using settings and getters, but that just makes this API stand out from the rest. All the other APIs in the class are virtual functions which should be overwritten by the actual owner. I know this does not argue against our binary compatible promise though :D

REPOSITORY
  R294 KBookmarks