D20489: [KIO] Make it compile without foreach (Step 1)

Christophe Giboudeaux noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 13 11:59:01 BST 2019

cgiboudeaux added a comment.

  In D20489#449133 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20489#449133>, @dfaure wrote:

  > cgiboudeaux: the Qt documentation says that foreach is deprecated, what do you suggest Laurent should add to the commit log? Just "it's deprecated", a copy/paste of the Qt docu, or https://www.kdab.com/goodbye-q_foreach/ ?

  "It will be deprecated in Qt6" tells packagers why this commit is done.
  In a perfect world, developers would write changelog files with changes worth mentioning when packagers prepare the updates.
  As this is not close to happen, we extract git logs and spend an insane amount of time cleaning meaningless commit messages for *each* released tarball (and specially the pim ones) and we repeat that for *every* release.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO