D18824: Implement wl_eglstream_controller Server Interface

Erik Kurzinger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 12 15:52:00 BST 2019

ekurzinger marked an inline comment as done.
ekurzinger added a comment.

  In D18824#448755 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18824#448755>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > > Now it just fails silently on bind. Why is it ok to fail silently on bind?
  >
  > We wouldn't get that far.
  >  If the library didn't load then we wouldn't have sent an interface to wl_global_create
  >
  > I don't know how that behaves, but we would have either crashed already (which might warrant a guard in Global::Private::create) or the client wouldn't be seeing a global registered to bind to

  Actually, that was an oversight on my part. It looks like wl_global_create() doesn't actually check whether the interface is null, so right now it'll just segfault if the library can't be loaded. Probably not what we want.
  I'm re-working it right now to load the library in create() and bail out there if it's not successful to avoid this. I'll update the diff shortly.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland