New framework: KContacts

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon Apr 8 19:26:51 BST 2019

Thanks for having a look at this Albert!

On Sunday, 7 April 2019 18:46:46 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dissabte, 6 d’abril de 2019, a les 18:01:09 CEST, Volker Krause va
escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to propose KContacts for review to move from KDE PIM to KF5.
>
> ## QUESTION 1 ##
>
> Does VCardTool need a d-pointer? Should it be a namespace instead of a
> class? It's a class with no members, seems a bit weird

Indeed. This however isn't installed, it seems only to be exported for unit
tests. As a first step I'll rename it to _p.h to make that clear.

> ## QUESTION 2 ##
>
> How concerned are we by the include names being so "generic".
>
> i.e. it has stuff like address.h or email.h
>
> They seem to inter-include eachother "directly" i.e. addressee.h has
>   #include "address.h"
> and not
>   #include "kcontacts/address.h"
>
> So it seems like the -I paths may be a bit "polluting".

It looks like the "namespace" part of the include path is not added to the
include search path. So "#include <address.h>" will not work in user code (it
always needs the "kcontacts/" prefix), but the header files themselves can
still reference files in the same folder using the double-quoted #include
variant.

Regards,
Volker