D20261: Fix Plasma themes' quassel icon to match current quassel icon names

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 5 15:49:44 BST 2019

kossebau abandoned this revision.
kossebau added a comment.

  In D20261#443859 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20261#443859>, @broulik wrote:

  > I don't see how this could work. IconItem uses the first section as filename, for `active-quassel-tray` the word `active` and looks for an active.svgz which there isn't. This is a bug in Quassel, a violation of the FDO spec, it should have ebeen `quassel-tray-inactive` or something, ordered from generic to most specific.

  So much for blindly done patches relying on testing by actual users :)

  Indeed, `IconItem` uses this logic:

    m_svgIcon->setImagePath(QLatin1String("icons/") + sourceString.section(QLatin1Char('-'), 0, 0));

  so this change will not work.

  But I wonder if this isn't a rather once heuristically-driven assumption of Plasma, over anything specified at freedesktop.org?
  I could not find anything related in both
  https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/StatusNotifierItem/StatusNotifierItem/
  https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/StatusNotifierItem/Icons/
  as well as
  https://specifications.freedesktop.org/icon-theme-spec/icon-theme-spec-latest.html#file_formats

  Where should/could Quassel developers be pointed to? (Besides, they also have some "-inverted" variant based on a config option, which somehow complicates things even more, besides the complexity of Plasma theming vs. normal icon theming ;) ).

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)