D15814: show all borders for pop up windows in a dock

Michail Vourlakos noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 29 06:29:48 BST 2018

mvourlakos added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in dialog.cpp:209
> How does parentWindow->mask relate to being a dock or not?
>
> Also we need to be a bit careful on names.
> _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DOCK is all panels, including the standard plasma one.

The idea was first introduced at popupPlacement() in dialog.cpp.
In order to distinguish docks from panels.

It is based on the assumption that by design plasma panels do not use mask() because their shadows are drawn external from the window and most of the docks (e.g. Plank,Latte) are using masking for almost all of their operations.

Do you believe there is a better way to distinguish between docks and panels ?

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)