D15718: Do not index the path if the path has no execute permissions.

James Smith noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 24 04:21:25 BST 2018

smithjd added a comment.

  In D15718#330836 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15718#330836>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Wouldn't this have the effect of un-indexing most files? A quick check of my documents (text, word processing, excel, etc) reveals that none of them have the execute bit set. As-is, I think this would render Baloo mostly useless.

  A default mask of 0002 or more permissive looks fairly common across distros, and is permissive enough to index files by default.

  setfacl -d -m u::rwx ~ or umask 0022 will set default execute permissions on created files. You can set something less permissive on your downloads directory or plasma vault mount with setfacl -d u::rw or similar.

  chmod -R 755 ~ will recursively give every file in your home directory execute permisions.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo