D11880: Add firewall-config and firewall-applet icons

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 23 23:10:11 BST 2018

ndavis added a comment.

  In D11880#330788 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11880#330788>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I like `firewall-config` and `firewall-applet-error` as they are.
  >
  > I think that `firewall-applet` looks maybe a bit too plain at its 22px size. The wall seems to need something.

  Maybe the emblem-checked icon should go in the lower right corner to match the style of the other two firewall-applet icons? I choose to make it fairly simple so that it would normally fit in with other icons in the system tray except for when there is an error or Panic Mode is enabled.

  > I like the lock on `firewall-applet-panic`. I'm not sure about the orange color though. Orange means "warning". If I'm understanding you correctly, `firewall-applet-panic` should evoke feelings of maximum safety.

  Yes, but I also agree with @svenmauch about the previous version being too positive. If a user enables panic mode by accident, how will they know something might be wrong with their settings? As it is, firewall-applet-panic is the firewall-applet icon with the emblem-locked icon in the corner and I've applied the color of emblem-locked to the wall. While orange may mean "warning", it could mean any kind of warning. In this case, it's a warning that an extreme setting is being used, but there is a lock in the corner to show that it is at least safe.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons

BRANCH
  firewalld-icons (branched from master)