D13037: [Dialog] Set PlasmaShellSurface on PlasmaShell being announced

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 22 12:43:53 UTC 2018

romangg added a comment.

  In D13037#266379 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13037#266379>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > should mean the server will announce all the interfaces and we block all execution until we've processed it all.

  DialogShadows is created as Q_GLOBAL_STATIC. Maybe that's why it's not blocking for the Dialog object initializing it.

  Also wouldn't it be a deadlock if execution of KWin is stopped until the Wayland server, i.e. KWin, has processed all events? Or is the Tabbox QML code running in a different thread?

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)