D13037: [Dialog] Set PlasmaShellSurface on PlasmaShell being announced

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 22 12:18:09 UTC 2018

davidedmundson added a comment.

  This doesn't make sense (assuming everything else works correctly, which clearly isn't the case)

    registry->setup();
    connection->roundtrip();

  should mean the server will announce all the interfaces and we block all execution until we've processed it all.

  which means we "know" by the time we finish DialogShadows::Private::setupWaylandIntegration() we know plasmaShellAnnounced will have been emitted and that the plasmashell has been set. That's how it works in the regular case.

  roundTrip goes via the QPA, and that has been implemented in Kwin's QPA.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)