D12986: [Trash KCM] Clean up and standardize UI to be in line with the KDE HIG

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 20 19:43:08 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  Thanks, "Size" and "Full trash" are looking good now.

  In D12986#265235 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12986#265235>, @rkflx wrote:

  > In D12986#265231 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12986#265231>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > Yeah, that makes sense. Suggestions welcome, of course. Is this any better?
  > >  F5859259: After 2.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5859259>
  >

  > Hm, I think after the checkbox there should some sort of sentence, with a noun in front:
  >
  >   Cleanup: [ ] Automatically empty after 7 days

  Just noticed that I based my suggestion on your screenshot, but missed to see that you changed the semantics compared to the original dialog: The trash won't be emptied completely after 7 days, but files older than 7 days will be deleted (based on the wording, you might want to check the code what's correct).

  Therefore I think we might have to keep the original wording and only add the label in front.

  (Which is why I'm not too fond of changing every UI to the new style, because it is much work but creates little value.)

  What's your plan for landing this change, do you want to convert the other pages first?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO