D10663: Remove a partially copied file if copyjob was cancelled in the middle of file copying

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 12 02:55:27 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.

  You're right, the destination file was indeed silently corrupted in the "before" case. Yikes, that's bad. Really, both options are bad. I can see now that your patch doesn't actually regress anything--it just exposes a dormant problem that was previously hidden but becomes very visible with the patch. That's a good sign that we ought to resolve that issue first. Perhaps for overwrites, if there's enough space on the destination filesystem, we should copy to a temp file, then if that completes, swap the target file and the temp file, and then finally delete the old target file. What do you think?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO