D12696: Use the new uds implementation

Jaime Torres Amate noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 8 14:16:34 UTC 2018

jtamate added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in udsentry.cpp:454
> Hmm why can't this be the friend function directly?
>
> I don't like the added global functions in the public header...

> Hmm why can't this be the friend function directly?

Because the compiler (clang++ in this case) doesn't know which one to apply.
Unless both definitions are equivalent (in source and binary) and the later can be removed. That is something I don't known.

  src/core/slavebase.cpp:728:14: error: use of overloaded operator '<<' is ambiguous (with operand types 'QDataStream' and 'const KIO::UDSEntry')
      KIO_DATA << entry;
      ~~~~~~~~ ^  ~~~~~
  src/core/udsentry.h:315:40: note: candidate function
      friend QDataStream &operator<< (QDataStream &s, const KIO::UDSEntry &a);
                          ^
  src/core/udsentry.h:361:29: note: candidate function
  KIOCORE_EXPORT QDataStream &operator<< (QDataStream &s, const KIO::UDSEntry &a);
                              ^

> I don't like the added global functions in the public header...

Me neither, but otherwise clang++will not be able to find the function.

  src/core/udsentry.h:314:19: error: no function named 'save' with type 'void (QDataStream &, const KIO::UDSEntry &)' was found in the specified scope
      friend void ::save(QDataStream &, const KIO::UDSEntry &);
                    ^

> dfaure wrote in udsentry.cpp:45
> 1ms is relative to a benchmark which isn't clear when reading this code in other contexts. As someone said in another review, do we still need this operator== anyway, given that you pass lambdas to find_if()?

ok, ok, bye bye ==

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO