D12511: optimization of KTextEditor::DocumentPrivate::views()

Milian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 4 16:49:33 UTC 2018

mwolff accepted this revision.
mwolff added a comment.

  OK, cool! That clearly shows that this patch _is_ valuable: Before we have ~6% CPU cycle cost, now it's down to 1.5% (inclusively). This is a significant reduction, so I'm all for it.

  But note once again the stark difference in these numbers vs. what valgrind reports. Please, try to use `perf record --call-graph dwarf` + hotspot flamegraphs more in favor of callgrind/kcachegrind. Note that you can even use hotspot's record page for some more features, most notably the off-CPU profiling. This can give you more food for potential optimizations (finding sleep time, I/O, lock contention, ...).

  Happy profiling!

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO