D12337: Give the file dialogs a "Sort by" menu button on the toolbar

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 1 21:33:26 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Now we have a problem. With no text in the toolbar button, the actual items don't reveal their purpose so readily unless we change all of their strings to say "Sort by Name" (etc.). But if we do that, then the context menu will have "Sorting > Sort by name. Thoughts?

  The issue is that the strings for the submenu items are intimately tied to the text of the parent menu item or toolbar button. Opposition to a toolbar button with a label leads the submenu items being labeled wrong wrong for one of those two UIs.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO