D12545: Set focus on the filename line edit when a file is selected

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 1 02:04:19 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D12545#256043 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12545#256043>, @anemeth wrote:

  > In D12545#254473 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12545#254473>, @rkflx wrote:
  >
  > > I could imagine a different spin here: [⇥] should switch focus from the item view to the name line edit, which it currently does not. (And as the dialog starts with focus on the name line edit, [⇧] + [⇥] should switch focus immediately to the item view.)
  > >
  > > Probably needs proper tabstop ordering.
  >

  > This patch really breaks keyboard navigation.
  >  I'm thinking about abandoning this revision in favor of proper tab ordering instead.
  >  @ngraham are you ok with this?

  Proper tab ordering is important too. But IMHO this feature is worth keeping. When you've clicked on an existing file, the next thing you're going to do with it is either overwrite it, or slightly change the name of the file you're saving. Both of those use cases benefit from the focus automatically moving to the name field.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO