D11038: balooctl: Add prune option to remove stale file index entries

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 11 21:32:04 UTC 2018

michaelh added a comment.

    [New Thread 0x7fffec72b700 (LWP 10669)]
    ASSERT failure in Transaction: "Permission denied", file /home/otto/kde/src/frameworks/baloo/src/engine/transaction.cpp, line 54

    Thread 1 "balooctl" received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
    0x00007ffff524f9eb in raise () from /lib64/libc.so.6

  Please have a look at D11213 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11213> and consider joining your patch with it.
  This diff brought me to the idea because I'm still convinced users would appreciate a more fine grained control over the data removal (at least I would). `balooctl list -s` is essentially the `--dry-run` option I wanted to see in this patch.

  If you want to break your db for testing: here's a recipe T7860 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T7860>. Don't forget to backup `~/.local/share/baloo/index` ;-)

INLINE COMMENTS

> transaction.cpp:269
> +        }
> +    }
> +}

You need to `commit()` here, otherwise changes will be lost.

> main.cpp:328
> +        Database *db = globalDatabaseInstance();
> +        if (!db->open(Database::ReadOnlyDatabase)) {
> +            err << "Baloo Index could not be opened\n";

Database::ReadWriteDatabase

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo