D13777: KMessageWidget : revert to using highlight colour for Information style (WIP)

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 29 14:09:41 UTC 2018

rjvbb updated this revision to Diff 36886.
rjvbb added a comment.

  A new revision:

  - makes a start with the requested export of the QSettings functionality
  - drops the alpha tweak and introduces a new experiment:

  Since background colours are not obtained from theme colours designed for that purpose AND they're mixed with the widget background, I tried to use the hardcoded default colours as a reference. Instead of changing the selected theme colours in a qualitative fashion they are brightness-corrected to give them the same perceived intensity as the default colours as much as that is possible in RGB space. Basically this is greyscale normalisation done individually for each colour role, and the idea is to achieve a more consistent contrast pattern across message roles and themes.

  The correction is activated by an env. variable (`KMESSAGEWIDGET_BACKGROUND_BRIGHTNESS_MATCHED`). I introduced to make testing comparisons easier (= avoid recompilation). The effect is very subtle with the Breeze themes (improves readability a bit for the dark ones, I think), stronger with my own theme. It may however have unexpected effects so maybe the switch should be preserved IF this experiment is maintained.

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D13777?vs=36858&id=36886

AFFECTED FILES
  src/kmessagewidget.cpp