D13777: KMessageWidget : revert to using highlight colour for Information style (WIP)

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 28 17:13:11 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Thanks, I think this approach is more feasible! I have some comments below:

INLINE COMMENTS

> kmessagewidget.cpp:275
> +    // for best results.
> +//     const QColor windowColor = KMessageWidget::palette().window().color();
> +    const QColor windowColor = palette.window().color();

This commented-out line and its comments should be removed.

> kmessagewidget.cpp:311
> +        qreal windowIntensity = 0.299 * windowColor.redF() + 0.586 * windowColor.greenF() + 0.115 * windowColor.blueF();
> +        bgBaseColorAlpha = 0.5 * qMax((bgIntensity + (1 - windowIntensity)), bgIntensity);
>          break;

I don't think all of this complicated code is necessary. The theme itself is supposed to ensure readability with the colors that it uses. Also, this results in a slight regression for the Breeze Dark theme: the Information widget doesn't get enough alpha and is too bright, worsening readability compared to the status quo.

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons