how to get the list of keywords in KSyntaxHighlighting

Alexander Semke alexander.semke at web.de
Sun Jul 29 17:16:31 BST 2018

Hi Dominik,

> sorry for the delay, I only now saw your mail.
> Jonathan meanwhile posted a patch that adds this:
> https://phabricator.kde.org/D14434
Yes, I saw it already. Will this make into the 5.49 release of the frameworks?

> However, pushing this further, what Kate also needs is a way go get
> all keyword lists that are matched in the current context. This allows
> for instance for context based auto completion that Kate also supports.
>
> Would that be of interest for you as well
I think this makes sense. At the moment there is some custom logic for
completion in Cantor's code. To refactor all this logic will take more time.

Now I'd simply remove the manual maintanence of keywords in Cantor like it is
done for Maxima at the moment (keywords orginally copied from Kate's code).
For some other "backend systems" like Octave and R the keywords are obtained
dynamically during the runtime from the backend which makes the presence of
the actual backend system required, even if the user simply wants to _read_ a
saved project. This is what I want to re-factor now to make https://
phabricator.kde.org/T4760 possible - the user should be able to read Cantor's
worksheets without the backend system being present on the target system.
Moving to KSyntaxHighlighing with the new functions added by Jonathan will
make this possible.

So, if it's not a big problem to extend the APIs as done by Jonathan now,
let's go for it even though Cantor is maybe the only consumer of this APIs
now.

Thanks and Regards,
Alexander