Pre-review CI

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 12:15:10 BST 2018

Hello,

So in previous email about staging repository I talked about pre-review
CI [1]. After some time, we finally have some code in ci-tooling which can
handle the pre-review CI for KDE repositories. And for initial pilot run
we want to enable it for frameworks repositories.

We have several questions about this though,

- Should we have seperate CI jobs per platform (Linux, Windows, FreeBSD,
  Android) for review? or just 1 job which runs the builds across all
  platforms?
- Should we send out comment for failure and success? Or is it easier to
  figure out the console log link without the comment? See linked review
  for example [1].

Looking forward to feedback.

Thanks!

[1] https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2018-June/065616.html