D14345: Give the PlasmaComponents3 TextField the ability to have a Clear button

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 25 00:25:25 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D14345#297329 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14345#297329>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > PC3 was previously designed to be a drop in QQC2 implementation. There is currently no new API.
  >  It /might/ have changed after we made plasmastyle instead. Check with Marco.

  Hmm, the PC3 version doesn't seem to be a drop-in replacement right now, as it lacks the ability to display a clear button or a little eye toggle (when used as a password field). If I try to use the PC3 one in KRunner, for example, I get the following:

    "file:///usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breeze.desktop/contents/runcommand/RunCommand.qml"
     "Error loading QML file.\n70: Cannot assign to non-existent property \"clearButtonShown\"\n"

  > If we were to do this (as a subclass with a new name or whatever) we shouldn't have the text overlap the button that this will have.

  Ah, good point.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)