D6512: Add support for proposed tags addition in OCS 1.7

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 24 08:08:26 BST 2018

leinir added a comment.

  In D6512#296329 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D6512#296329>, @ahiemstra wrote:

  > T6133 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T6133> suggests that tags are formatted as "group##key=value" or something similar. Wouldn't it make sense to handle parsing that format here as well? Or are tags more intended as exact matches?

  The group is more a convenience concept than anything else - i think it'd be nice to have something to do something with that, but not in this patch (the "something" needs a more proper definition, and i'd rather not have this functionality, which we need for the curating work that's being undertaken on the store, wait any longer than we have to...).

  To answer the specific question, during the matching phase the group##key is supposed to be considered canonical, and the groupings are more for pairing of similar content when putting things together. As a random sort of idea, one might imagine having something like a validator which matches the concept "must have something defined in group x", but that's why i've done the validators the way i have, there's nothing stopping us from putting that in when we have a purpose for the functionality :)

REPOSITORY
  R235 Attica