D14175: Support cursor hints on locked pointer

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 17 12:17:56 BST 2018

romangg added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in pointerconstraints_interface.h:126
> do we not want a getter method?
>
> One of kwayland's main roles is to be a property cache

The hint is used by the compositor after unlock again. This unlock can also happen on destruction of the LockedPointerInterface. So one need to to connect to a signal announcing this and then set the pointer position.

Resource has a `aboutToBeUnbound` signal. Maybe use this?

> davidedmundson wrote in pointerconstraints_interface_v1.cpp:175
> Only non-negative x and y values are allowed
>
> is it worth enforcing that with a check here?

I wanted to allow negative values, such that a client can decide to opt-out of hinting again. Sadly the specs does not say anything about invalid values. But my assumption is that a client should only be allowed to shift the cursor in the dimensions of its surface.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland