how to get the list of keywords in KSyntaxHighlighting

Alexander Semke alexander.semke at web.de
Sun Jul 15 10:54:01 BST 2018

Hi,

I'd like to remove the maintenance of syntax keywords in Cantor (e.g. https://
cgit.kde.org/cantor.git/tree/src/backends/maxima/maximakeywords.cpp) and to
switch to KSyntaxHighlighting.

Cantor uses its own highlighters and I'd need to get the list of keywords from
KSyntaxHighlighter for this (constructor in https://cgit.kde.org/cantor.git/
tree/src/backends/maxima/maximahighlighter.cpp). If I see it correctly,
DefinitionData holding the keyword lists is not part of the public API. I don't
see how to get the list of keywords.

Ideally, there should be something like

QStringList Definition::keywordListsNames() const;

to get the list of available section in the xml syntax file and

QStringList Definition::keyworkList(const QString& name) const;

to get the actual keywords for the specified section.

Would this make sense or is there already another way to get the keywords?

Regards,
Alexander