D13777: KMessageWidget : revert to using highlight colour for Information style (WIP)

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 3 14:09:17 BST 2018

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  In D13777#286439 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13777#286439>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > Have you guys considered using the 4 colours in question only for the message text and outer frame, keeping the background intact (or possibly just a bit lighter or darker depending on its initial brightness and/or the theme/user's contrast setting)? The result should be more subtle (edit: less gaudy) and more reliably as readable as allowed by the theme.
  >  [...]
  >  F6005564: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6005564>
  >
  > That's Breeze vs. Breeze Dark vs. my custom theme.

  I'm against this purely on visual grounds. That just doesn't look good, sorry. It also makes the link text very hard to read with Breeze dark, regressing something we were explicitly trying to fix with the current design.

  I don't see how this patch can move forward as long as it's a mix of uncontroversial changes (use colors from the theme) and huge conceptual changes (totally change how colors are used and the color and alpha of the background). Allow me to repeat my request to split this up into multiple patches so that we can move forward with something. If you need some help juggling multiple patches using arc, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons