D9070: KDE platform plugin: don't force default stylename on user-specified fonts

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 28 10:46:59 UTC 2018

dfaure added a comment.

  I've been hitting a very similar bug where a Qt app was trying to use a bold font, and this had no effect when running in a plasma workspace, because of this code in kfontsettingsdata.cpp.

  Testcase (couldn't be simpler...) http://www.davidfaure.fr/2018/qlabel_inherited_font.cpp
  with this in ~/.config/kdeglobals:

    [General]
    font=Noto Sans,7,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0,Regular

  Unfortunately, this patch doesn't fix it. The text still isn't bold.

  Workaround: enabling the line that calls QApplication::setDesktopSettingsAware(false).
  Proof that this code is guilty: commenting out the fromString line makes it work, too.

  What really confuses me is: why isn't it all set up so that this platform-plugin code provides *default* fonts, and so that what apps do overrides that? (sorry that I didn't dig as far as some of you guys did)

REPOSITORY
  R135 Integration for Qt applications in Plasma