D9070: KDE platform plugin: don't force default stylename on user-specified fonts

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 27 11:15:14 UTC 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Thanks for the info! So if/hen this goes in, what are the next steps?

  I'd say

  - decide whether this is an issue you want to solve only for plasma environments, or for all platforms where KF5 applications are supported.
  - draw up the conditions under which a stylename has to be set and whether to rely on Qt to do this in those cases.
  - how to avoid the effects of Qt setting a stylename in the conditions where this is not a necessity, how to get rid of it reliably etc.

  Optionally, when those things have become clear and have a well-tested implementation, try to work with the Qt team to merge any appropriate parts into Qt. From what I've seen in the exchanges with them it would be of no use to do this any earlier. Their stance seems to be "just don't rely on being able to setBold(true)" or any similar attribute change.

  Not that I see how that could be possible, but the observation I posted in my previous comment may indicate that there might be a central location after all where we could get rid of a stylename (in addition to KFontRequester).

REPOSITORY
  R135 Integration for Qt applications in Plasma