D10106: Relocate the Baloo database to the XDG cache location.

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 26 08:08:29 UTC 2018

michaelh added a comment.

  The way I use baloo the DB is not easily recreated at all.

  1. Indexing takes around 2hrs.
  2. On top of that I have to make a lot of manual adjustments due some bugs in baloo. That takes about another hour.

  In my view a cache is for faster access of data that already exist somewhere else. "non-essential" data as freedesktop Standard states. The baloo db, though recreatable, definitely is essential data and as such belongs to XDG_DATA_HOME.

  Putting something into  XDG_CACHE_HOME is communicating to the users. "You can delete these data without harm".
  At least in my case that is not true.

  IMO the db should stay at its current location.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo