D9840: Tentative patch to reduce I/O overhead of plasmashell when copying files

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 14 12:00:50 UTC 2018

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added a comment.

  This goes against the whole redesign of ksycoca that I did some time ago. It's supposed to check timestamps on dirs, to rebuild the cache on demand, much like many other caches out there. Did you run the unittests in kservice after this change? I strongly doubt they pass.

  I don't understand why a copy triggered by the user (so, I assume, not related to ~/.local) would trigger an unusual effort on the part of ksycoca? How can this be related?
  It's just the I/O of the copying happening at the same time as the I/O from ksycoca when using the K menu or something?

REPOSITORY
  R309 KService