[kio] src/ioslaves/file/kauth: Do not cache root password for the whole session

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Fri Jan 12 13:15:16 UTC 2018

In data venerdì 12 gennaio 2018 14:00:17 CET, hai scritto:

(putting kde-frameworks-devel in CC, this is important)

> shown depending on the persistence value.  Totally removing the persistence
> will lead  to two prompts, one from job and another one from kauth.

I'm not doing so unless the underlying issue with Persistence=session, which
caches the root password for the whole session, is fixed.

It was pointed out in D6198 that there's no such thing as persistence in
polkit, however as David mentioned, we don't want the authorization to last
the whole session.

Double prompts are bad UX, but better than a program potentially making abuse
of a persistent file action as root.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter