D9824: Optimize inotify KDirWatch backend: map inotify wd to Entry

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 11 20:29:44 UTC 2018

rjvbb requested changes to this revision.
rjvbb added a comment.

  > @rjvbb this patch just shows that KDirWatch has tons of performance issues that need to be fixed here.

  That may be an open door but the plural of anecdote is not data. You found 1 example, that doesn't mean that my gripe with the class can be solved easily and purely in there. The issue I have been seeing concerned setting up (feeding) a KDirWatch instance with a potentially huge number of items to watch, and is basically an example of inappropriate use of the class.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons