D10803: handle more tags in taglibextractor

Alexander Stippich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 24 18:19:06 UTC 2018

astippich added a comment.

  First of all, please review carefully for ABI compatibility, I do not know what to watch for that.

  So I decided to walk into the minefield that tags are. Everyone implements it differently. I've implemented some tags that seem to be supported across a wide range of applications (Kid3, Amarok, Kodi... ) but no guarantee that they will work everywhere. Some tags were requested on LWN.net in the comments for the first alpha (regarding classical music), but most of them only work for Vorbis comments as the others lack support.
  The album cover image is currently passed as a QByteArray which then needs to be further processed by the application. I don't know if that is the best approach, but I think is the most generic one. Comments welcome.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData