D10512: try to preload certain applets in a smart way

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 14 20:13:34 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Let's keep in mind the PR aspect of this: if we end up 30 MB heavier and a few seconds slower on a cold boot for a new install, advanced users who frequent internet forums and write reviews will notice this, but they probably won't notice that some widgets open more quickly once Plasma is loaded.

  Perhaps we could invert the logic: instead of preloading everything and then over time removing infrequently used widgets from the list, we could preload only a few fixed things like the menu, Task Manager, and plasma-nm, and for everything else, prelaod based on frequency of use.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)