D8056: Improve usability of "Open With" dialog by adding option to filter the application tree

Simone Gaiarin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 13 18:08:28 UTC 2018

simgunz added a comment.

  I rebased to master and updated the review. I hope I didn't messed up anything.

  In D8056#205621 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D8056#205621>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I was under the impression that the text box gave priority to the app filtering unless you checked the semi-hidden option to enable command-line completion instead.

  That is true, but in the moment you type a text, which is also a valid command, let's say `kate` you have two things:

  - The Kate entry is selected (and so its associated service `kate -b %U` or similar)
  - The text box contains a valid binary command `kate` that can be executed

  When you click OK the function `checkAccepted` is called. To me it seems that it actually uses the service associated to the selected "Kate" entry (`kate -b %U`) and does not execute the command `kate`.
  (That function is quite complicated and I haven't really analyzed it completely)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO