D10325: [KFileWidget] Hide places frame and header

Mark Gaiser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 6 12:57:59 UTC 2018

markg added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D10325#201884, @broulik wrote:

  > > Would it be possible to show it as if it were locked? That would solve all the issues with it, right?
  >
  > I don't get it. That "lock" feature is entirely a Dolphin invention. It does exactly what I do here:
  >
  >   void DolphinDockWidget::setLocked(bool lock)
  >   {
  >           if (lock) {
  >               setTitleBarWidget(m_dockTitleBar);
  >               setFeatures(QDockWidget::NoDockWidgetFeatures);
  >

  > with `m_dockTitleBar` being a custom widget for some added padding

  Looks like i was looking at the wrong picture. I was looking as your **after** image and comparing that to the "locked" state in dolphin.
  The image i was expecting is the one you call "crammed at the top" :)

  Imho, the "crammed at the top" version looks best as the "after" one just has some weird empty room above the panel now. But feel free to use the one you think fits best.

  A suggestion though if you do choose for the "after" version. Would it be possible to rearrange the layout then?
  So:

  - move the actions to the top, right above the panel.
  - move the location bar next to the actions

  I think that would look nice :)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO