D17816: Initial support for xattrs on kio copy/move

Cochise César noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 30 05:25:23 GMT 2018

cochise updated this revision to Diff 48384.
cochise added a comment.

  As using qDebug supressed the error, I changed to qCWarning and managed to track the memory corruption. On my system, after getting the list of keys on source file, the local variable holding this file path gets corrupted. I'm using a code almost identical to official example [1], and enlarging the buffer, or allocating it on the heap didn't resoled the issue.
  A hackish workaround is to not store the file path after conversion (`const char*`), and using `QUrl.path().toLocal8Bit().data();` in all nine calls.
  I'm not happy with this solution, but I think I reached my limit here. Commiting this hackish version for review, and going to make some tests.

  1 - http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/listxattr.2.html

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D17816?vs=48380&id=48384

BRANCH
  xattr-copy-support (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  src/core/config-kiocore.h.cmake
  src/core/copyjob.cpp
  src/ioslaves/file/file_unix.cpp