D17425: dcb settings

Pranav Gade noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 10 08:25:45 GMT 2018

pranavgade marked an inline comment as done.
pranavgade added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> jgrulich wrote in dcbsetting.cpp:31
> You can initialize also all the lists here, because they have default values as well.

how do i do that?
i am getting this error:
error: class ‘NetworkManager::DcbSettingPrivate’ does not have any field named ‘setPriorityFlowControl’

> jgrulich wrote in dcbsetting.cpp:197
> If you initialize the list at the beginning, you will not need to have this check and also do this weird thing below. Simply have the first check and otherwise you can do just d->priorityFlowControl[userPriority] = enabled.

I think it is better to have this as a safety measure, and initialising so many values manually wold take 8*6=48 lines in the beginning of the file

> jgrulich wrote in dcbsetting.cpp:212
> Check just if userPriority is < 8.

that may lead to a malloc assertion error sometimes, and thus a crash which is confusing to understand

> jgrulich wrote in dcbsetting.cpp:393
> You can directly assign whole UintList. Same for the rest of options below.

I get a type casting error

> jgrulich wrote in dcbsetting.cpp:427
> Remove comments.

oops, i was debugging it

> jgrulich wrote in dcbsetting.cpp:428
> Shouldn't it save appFcoeMode() instead?

yeah, i uploaded some unfinished code

> jgrulich wrote in dcbsetting.cpp:464
> You can directly push the list there. Same for the lists below.

How?

> jgrulich wrote in dcbsetting.h:49
> You are missing Q_DECLARE_FLAGS()

I tried to do it in the same way as in ipv6 settings, so should i add Q_DECLARE_FLAGS() ?