D14779: Fix 'kformattest fails with installed kcoreaddons language package'

Ralf Habacker noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 21 08:51:27 BST 2018

habacker added a comment.

  In D14779#311871 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14779#311871>, @habacker wrote:

  > Thanks for this pointer - with this setting the german translation is not fetched anymore.

  A further look into the windows implementation of the qm loader part (https://cgit.kde.org/extra-cmake-modules.git/tree/modules/ECMQmLoader.cpp.in#n65) shows that the language is fetched from `QLocale::system() `

  QLocale::system() is initiated on unix os from LC_ALL and friends (http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/corelib/tools/qlocale_unix.cpp#n75), which could be changed with the qputenv call.

  But on Windows the system locale is fetched from the current user locale (http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/corelib/tools/qlocale_win.cpp#n172), which could not be changed temporary by the test app.

  To have a cross platform solution I think it is really required to disable loading translations in this test.  If QLocale::C could not be used for that (Albert mentioned that)  an auxiliary function provided by the qmloader is required for that.
  I'm going to file a related review request.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons