D12328: Enable preview by default in the filepicker dialog

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 26 19:06:22 UTC 2018

rkflx requested changes to this revision.
rkflx added a comment.

  Thanks, `arc patch` now works great for me, automatically applying the dependent revision as it should.

  In D12328#254098 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12328#254098>, @anemeth wrote:

  > In the kconf_update log file `/home/alex/.kde4/share/apps/kconf_update/log/update.log` I found the following entry:

  `.kde4` likely won't contain anything relevant for a KF5 KIO ;)

  I could not find an equivalent file in `~/.config`, but got some warnings here:

    journalctl /usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/kconf_update --follow

  > Is there something wrong with the .upd file?

  See inline comment on what I had to fix to make it work…

INLINE COMMENTS

> CMakeLists.txt:2
> +
> +install(FILES filepicker-remove-previews-conf.upd
> +    DESTINATION ${KDE_INSTALL_KCONFUPDATEDIR})

I'd name this file just `filepicker.upd`, as this way more updates could be added later on, and it would be more consistent with the naming of the other `upd` files.

> filepicker-remove-previews-conf.upd:1
> +Id=kdeglobals-filepicker-remove-previews-conf
> +File=kdeglobals

Most of the update files seem to have `Version=5` in the first line, and a newline after that.

And indeed, this is exactly the reason why it did not work:

  kconf_update[5695]: "Missing \"Version=5\", file 'share/kconf_update/filepicker-remove-previews-conf.upd' will be skipped."