D12306: Filepicker dialog proper grid icon layout

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 19 12:34:05 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  Thanks, works great for me, apart from two minor inline comments.

  Resizing is still a bit less smooth than in Dolphin because of the immediate updates, but I think that's okay for now.

  Anybody from #Frameworks <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/frameworks/> having any additional objections on code or behaviour?

INLINE COMMENTS

> kdiroperator.cpp:2592
> +
> +        const int scrollBarWidth = itemView->verticalScrollBar()->sizeHint().width() + 1;
> +        const int viewPortWidth = itemView->contentsRect().width() - scrollBarWidth;

The `+ 1` looks a bit weird. Taking it out results in much flickering, so I guess we have to keep it. However, it should get a comment and/or possibly be moved elsewhere (as it is not about the `scrollBarWidth`).

> kdiroperator.cpp:2593
> +        const int scrollBarWidth = itemView->verticalScrollBar()->sizeHint().width() + 1;
> +        const int viewPortWidth = itemView->contentsRect().width() - scrollBarWidth;
> +        const int itemsInRow = qMax(1, viewPortWidth / minWidth);

There seems to be an issues with the Oxygen style, where upon resizing the window an additional scrollbar (?) width is added on the right, resulting in the items not being centered anymore.

You can look into it, but if there is no easy solution (or there is a bug in Oxygen), I'm also okay with the current state.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  master