D12034: Use the more appropriate "two sliders" icon for "configure"

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 10 05:05:55 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  1. System Settings uses sliders right there in its icon. :) They're already used to mean "Configure me!" in other contexts (KRunner, Plasma widgets, GTK apps)
  2. Sliders aren't the same as on/off toggle buttons. We use sliders in, for example, volume controls. I don't think there's any controversy with slider iconography on the desktop.
  3. In case there is an issue with slider iconography on the desktop, or we want to move in the direction of using a gear icon for settings (which I would not object to), this patch would lay the groundwork and make that task trivially easy, as the only thing required would to be to replace the `configure` icon with a new one. Without this patch, it would be a huge challenge to figure out all the symlinks and make sure not to regress anything; I already spent half a day doing that work to make this possible.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons