D7446: Add a Recent Documents places item to Dolphin and file pickers by default

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 22 21:00:32 UTC 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  I don't think this is "semi-useful". " A Recent Documents feature in the file manager and open/save dialogs is IMHO really important, especially for lesst-technical users who use features like this on other platforms expensively instead of making extensive use of folder hierarchies. "The user can add it" is a problematic response since 99.9% of users don't know this exists, and therefore don't know that this functionality is available in the first place (and if they did, they would find it challenging to add).

  The file managers and open/save dialogs in macOS and GNOME both have some kind of "recent stuff" feature shown by default, and it's really nice. And ad evidenced by the but report and the fact that people have voted for it, this is a desirable feature to some of our users.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO