D6233: KKeyServer: fix handling of KeypadModifier.

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 15 06:55:23 UTC 2017

dfaure added a comment.

  Qt (at shortcut recording time) sees this as Meta+Shift+Print while KWindowSystem (xcbKeyPressEventToQt) sees it as Meta+Shift+SysReq.

  Qt does  xkb_state_key_get_one_sym( state=51 , code=6b ) = ff61 (XK_Print)
  xcbKeyPressEventToQt does  xcb_key_press_lookup_keysym e->state=51  keyModX= 41 keySym0= ff61 (XK_Print) keySym1= ff15 (XK_Sys_Req)
  (all numbers are hex)
  (51 or 41 is the same, that's just removing Numlock)

  I'm at a loss at this point though. Should xcbKeyPressEventToQt rather use xkb_state_key_get_one_sym to be closer to the code in Qt? Or what am I missing?

  Looking at xmodmap -pke output I would have expected that any use of Shift+Print leads to SysReq, but even xev disagrees. Are those tools outdated nowadays?

REPOSITORY
  R278 KWindowSystem