D8544: KTextEditor : avoiding QML crashes

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 31 13:03:38 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Before we got to excessive solutions, I assume you have a build were you can reproduce the crashs.

  Evidently...

  I'll check your proposal later today, but a priori I'd say that we should be fine with setting QV4_FORCE_INTERPRETER from any location that has a wider scope than the "jit" approach I've been using until now.

  FWIW: if you look through the comments on the linked Qt bug ticket you'll see how a Qt 5.7.1 user gets the "JIT is disabled" warning multiple times. Without having dug up the source I'd say that means the older Qt version doesn't cache the result of the QV4_FORCE_INTERPRETER lookup.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor