D8243: Implement support for categories on KfilesPlacesView

Kevin Ottens noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 30 14:51:36 UTC 2017

ervin added a comment.

  Looks fine code wise now, just a couple more tweaks to make those sections look closer to what Dolphin got.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kfileplacesmodel.cpp:476
> +                [](KFilePlacesItem *itemA, KFilePlacesItem *itemB) {
> +       return (itemA->groupType() < itemB->groupType());
> +    });

Either reorder the enum or change for a different (more explicit not relying on enum storage) comparison operator to have the "right" order. By right order I assume the goal was to align with Dolphin which does: Places / Recently Saved / Search For / Devices.

Currently we have a different order:  Places / Search For / Recently Saved / Devices.

> kfileplacesview.cpp:458
> +{
> +    return QApplication::fontMetrics().height();
> +}

With again the goal to get closer to Dolphin's rendering, its section headers are higher. The text size you use is correct during drawing but they happen to have much more white space before and a bit more after giving it some more breath.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO