D8416: really raising window when shown from systray

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 22 20:28:41 UTC 2017

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mkoller wrote in kstatusnotifieritem.cpp:653
> Do you mind telling me the correct approach ?

The correct approach would be sni telling the host to activate the window. The host could then communicate with the X11 window manager/Wayland compositor through a special interface that the window should be activated.

Yes, such an interface does not yet exist. But we need it for Wayland anyway. An app requesting to get activated just does not exist in a Wayland world. The action is performed on the host, so the host is the only one who has enough rights to activate another window.

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications