Adding build info attribute to KAboutData to improve bug report data?

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Mon Oct 16 05:10:29 UTC 2017

Il giorno Sun, 08 Oct 2017 19:45:00 +0200
Kevin Funk <kfunk at kde.org> ha scritto:

> Heya,
>
> The KDevelop team is currently discussing a patch which adds
> git-describe like information to the version string in KAboutData:
>   https://phabricator.kde.org/D8158
>   (don't bother reading through the comments...)

Is it added at compile time? I didn't read through the diff yet, but
how would you define a "development" build?
This is to make sure that no such things are put in released versions,
which would cause problems with reproducible builds.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
GPG key ID: A29D259B