D9049: Compile with:

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 30 06:28:59 UTC 2017

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mlaurent wrote in kactioncollectiontest.cpp:235
> we use latin1 for kstandardaction::name no ? For me it seems that we didn"t add a no latin1 name for it.

Yeah, standard action names are definitely latin1.

Actions defined by applications, however, can use utf8 (sometimes to transport a QString into the name, used in the slot connected to the action)

> kxmlgui_unittest.cpp:298
>      Q_FOREACH (QAction *action, actions) {
> -        qDebug() << (action->isSeparator() ? QString("separator") : action->objectName());
> +        qDebug() << (action->isSeparator() ? QStringLiteral("separator") : action->objectName());
>      }

I wouldn't bet my life on the fact that MSVC will like the ternary operator with a QStringLiteral and a QString which aren't the same type at all. fromLatin1 would be safer, especially since this is definitely not time-critical ;)

> mlaurent wrote in smtp.cpp:226
> Really no idea. It's the code where I don"t know if it's utf8 or not

This is used to call processLine, so see implementation of processLine below...

> smtp.cpp:327
>          // qCDebug(DEBUG_KXMLGUI) << "out: " << writeString;
>          sock->write(writeString.toLatin1().constData(), writeString.length());
>          break;

Given the toLatin1 here, I think fromLatin1 is safe, but this also tells me that all of this should just be ported to QByteArray.

REPOSITORY
  R263 KXmlGui